If your son or daughter lost his or her life in, or as a direct result of the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq, and you would like to have his or her bedroom included in this project, we would be honored to hear from you. Due to time and travel constraints Mr. Gilbertson is only able to personally photograph a small percentage of the bedrooms himself. Therefore, a section of this website will be created to host family-submitted bedroom photographs.
If your son or daughter’s bedroom meets the following criteria, please submit no more than five JPG photographs using the following form.
- The bedroom was where your fallen family member lived prior to deployment
- The bedroom hasn’t been moved to a different room of the house
- There is no one else currently living in the bedroom
- The bedroom is not being used for another purpose, i.e. as a home office or gym
- The bedroom is fundamentally in the same arrangement and decor as when your son or daughter lived in it